When a man winds up with red, raw penis skin, he usually knows what caused it. Maybe it was an adventurous evening without enough lube. Or perhaps it was a little chafing from taking a long run or workout without the proper supportive undergarments. Whatever the case, when a man has a red penis as a result of that soreness, he wants to alleviate the problem as soon as possible. Fortunately, good penis care includes several home remedies that can ease red penis skin and make a man feel much better.
1. Take a break. No matter what caused the raw, red penis, a man wants to keep it from getting any worse. That means no hanky-panky for a while, including no sexual congress with any partner, or even with himself. This allows the penis a well-deserved break and helps ease the redness or soreness a man might be experiencing.
2. Clean things up. Many a man has fallen asleep after a satisfying night of sexual pleasures only to wake up to a raw, red penis. This might be thanks to not washing off after the sexual fun was done. If this might be the case, a man needs to hop in the shower immediately to wash off the residue from the lube, condom and even bodily fluids that have been sitting on the penis overnight.
3. Use a cold compress. If the redness is accompanied by swelling or pain, a man can turn immediately to a cold compress. The compress can be made of a washcloth run underneath cold water, wrung out and placed on the penis, or it might be an ice pack that has been wrapped in a clean, dry cloth. Using the cold compress for 15 minutes is usually enough to alleviate the sting.
4. Let the skin breathe. The penis skin is often encased behind layers of clothing, and possibly even by a thick thatch of hair. Let the skin have as much ‘free’ time as possible in order to heal quickly. If a guy is in private at home, he can feel free to simply go nude as much as possible. If he has to go to work or otherwise engage with others, switching to boxer shorts for a few days and wearing loose-fitting trousers can help.
5. Switch products. If the redness or soreness continues to occur, a man needs to look into what might be causing it. He can often trace the problem to something in his home, such as a new laundry detergent or a new type of cleanser he has been using in the shower. The culprit might also be the condoms he uses, or even something as unusual as a partner switching to a new type of perfume. Looking at ingredients and thinking through any recent changes in his lifestyle can help a guy find the answer.